by Polarr Inc (polarrco)
Used by the world's most professional portrait and landscape photographers, Polarr offers advanced auto-enhance tools and sophisticated filters to edit every detail of your photo.
The app is tested against and intended to use for Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 LTS. For any issues with the app, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
## Removable Media Support ##
SnapCraft doesn't allow Polarr to access files on SD cards and other removable media out of the box. To edit files on SD cards:
1. Open the Software Store app.
2. Search for polarr.
3. Click on the Polarr Photo Editor.
4. (Install the app if you haven't already.)
5. Click the Permissions button.
6. Toggle "Read/write files on on removable storage devices" to ON.
## v5.2.1 Release Notes ##
**Overlays**: Polarr now has overlay support! That means you can superimpose two images together or add things to your images. We've added a bunch of different effects to get you started. Look forward to adding things like light leaks, flares, clouds, weather effects, backgrounds, gradients, and more to your photos. Beyond the effects we included, you can choose your own photos! Up 12 different images can be stacked together. Our overlays work with all of the local adjustment masks too.
**Depth mask**: Have a phone that captures depth data from dual lenses? Then you've probably used it to take some portrait photos. Our new update allows you to edit those photos and create local adjustment masks using that depth data!
**Duotone**: Building overlays allowed us to introduce duotone editing to the app. You have a bunch of presets to chose from or you can build a duotone image from scratch.
**Subscription**: Polarr Pro is how you unlock all the powerful and advanced features in the app. Pay for your subscription month-to-month or yearly! Either way, you'll be able to use your pro features on ALL of your devices. Enjoy!
- New text tools. You can now import custom fonts, add shadows, borders, change perspectives, erase and blend with color, radial, gradient, depth and brush masks.
- New border tools. We added a border tool that automatically suggests border colors based on the color of your photo. You can also adjust border size and aspect ratio.
- New fringing tool. You can now add more type of blurs, colors, as well as controlling the radius and center point of the fringing tool.
- Now you can use Emoji’s in text tools
- 8 point perspective distortion tool with auto clipping. Pro members can use this new tool to create free distortion in their image.
- Edge-aware brush for pro members. Brushing automatically turns on edge aware to help you make more precise brush adjustment.
- Allow export and import themes as a QR code
- Mesh preview for liquify tools, you can now preview the distortion mesh of the liquify tool.
- Window snapshot for brush and liquify tools. You can now see where your finger is with a small activity window.
- Revamped filter creation dialog. It is now much easier to preview and configure your filters than previously.
- New color themes and more flexibility to control color themes.
- Make face edits part of custom filters. Updated native face detection support.
- Allow non-custom layers in custom QR filters
- Added removable-media to the app permissions.
- Updated RAW native support lib.
## v4.4.5 Release Notes ##
- Support more types of raw files at full resolution.
- Automatic face detection, expressions, and facial feature adjustments.
- Watermark tools, improved exif support.
- Pressure-sensitive stylus support and touch brushing. New brush tools.
- New healing and clone tools.
- New liquify tools.
- More realistic grain tool.
- Multiple color themes, including a new light theme and custom colors.
- Fitler panel redesign.
- New Express editing mode.
- New local adjustment workspace.
- All filters are playable and learnable now. Right click to Watch & Learn.
- Setting to show touches for screen recording.
- Added the Polarr app icon to display in the Ubuntu dash and dock.
|Last updated||Sep 18|