An signal client.
# Axolotl is a crossplattform signal client
## for the Ubuntu Phone and more
This is a Signal compatible client for Ubuntu Phone, Snap(Linux), Windows... written in Go.
It builds upon the [Go textsecure package](https://github.com/nanu-c/textsecure/) and a vuejs app that runs in a electron/qml WebEngineView container.
- Phone registration
- Contact discovery
- Direct and group messages
- Photo, video, audio and contact attachments in both direct and group mode
- Preview for photo and audio attachments
- Storing conversations
- Encrypted message store
- Desktop client provisioning/syncing
What is missing
- Sending attachments is broken in snap due to apparmor restrictions
- Push notifications
- Most settings that are available in the Android app
- Encrypted phone calls
There are still bugs and UI/UX quirks.