Week 36 of 2017 in snapcraft
by Sergio Schvezov on 13 September 2017
Welcome to the weekly development notes for snapcraft! This covers work from 03 September until 09 September of 2017.
- snapcraft 2.34 has been tagged, currently available in Ubuntu Artful Aardvark, 16.04 LTS and 17.04 in proposed and the snapcraft beta channel.
- Catkin plugin support for pip dependencies is landing in pieces; should make it into next version.
- Leo added unit tests to the plugin contributed by James Beedy which was the last piece to allow it to land into master.
Development in master
- nodejs plugin: switch from –global-folder to –prefix PR: #1539
- jhbuild plugin: remove dependency on pkgconf PR: #1535
- tests: update the store failure tests PR: #1538
- jhbuild plugin: fix UnboundLocalError for chmod_path PR: #1534
- demos: update the name of the remote mqtt part PR: #1533
- tests: update the meson test to latest meson requirements PR: #1532
- lxd: use a unique temporary folder PR: #1519
- jhbuild plugin: new plugin PR: #1298
- project: introduce build-snaps PR: #1518
- repo: use os-release(5) to detect supported Linux distributions PR: #1527
- demos: remove the unnecessary wrapper from the java demo PR: #1494
This weeks Pull Requests
- tests: add integration tests for build snaps PR: #1542
- tests: fix the TEST_STORE environment variable PR: #1541
- plugins: extract python finder functions PR: #1540
- project_loader: aliases are deprecated PR: #1537
- repo: implement :target suffix for package names PR: #1536
- tests: share the cache dir in the integration suite PR: #1530
- recording: record the packages installed in the machine PR: #1529
- recording: record the machine information collected by uname PR: #1528
Current active forum discussions
- Kivy App Not Working In Strict Confinement
- Launchpad now builds snaps in LXD containers, in support of “build-snaps”
- Easy configuration/customization for a snap
- Use of Python’s DistUtilsExtra causes pip install failure
- Staging dependencies that go into the snap
- Having trouble understanding snap packaging
- Snapcraft snap doesn’t exclude any libs from snaps it builds
- Specifying architecture on cross-compilations
- Snapcraft: easy way to know what is target arch in scriptlets
- 11 questions with no answers on Stack Exchange
- Snapcraft autopkgtest failure
- Why doesn’t my nodejs snap create a binary?
- Snapcraft errors with No such directory /tmp/
- Run snapcraft in container as a user
- Qt5 open in browser (QDesktopServices::openUrl()) does’t work
- Declaratively defining environment variables
- Snapcraft build-on hint for builders
- Asset recording for a built snap
- Where has snapcraft edge snap gone?