Apple ".strings" file localization utility.
StringsUtil provides a library for using Apple ".strings" localization files and a utility for managing those files. It is intended as a free, smaller, embeddable, and more flexible alternative to GNU gettext. Key features include:
- Support for localizing using both Apple ".strings" and GNU gettext ".po" files.
- Simple C/C++ library with support for embedding localization data in an executable and/or loading localizations from external files.
- Tools for exporting, importing, and merging localization files.
- Tool for reporting on the quality of a localization.
- Tool for scanning C/C++ source files for localization strings.
- Tool for doing a first pass machine translation.