Mutt is a sophisticated text-based Mail User Agent. Some highlights
- MIME support (including RFC1522 encoding/decoding of 8-bit message
headers and UTF-8 support).
- PGP/MIME support (RFC 2015).
- Advanced IMAP client supporting SSL encryption and SASL authentication.
- POP3 support.
- ESMTP support.
- Message threading (both strict and non-strict).
- Keybindings are configurable, default keybindings are much like ELM;
Mush and PINE-like ones are provided as examples.
- Handles MMDF, MH and Maildir in addition to regular mbox format.
- Messages may be (indefinitely) postponed.
- Colour support.
- Highly configurable through easy but powerful rc file.
- Support for compressed mailboxes.
- An optional Sidebar.
This is a confined snap, so is unable to read the ~/.muttrc. So place your configuration in ~/snap/mutt/common/.muttrc where the snap will be able to access it.
This snap is maintained by the Snapcrafters community, and is not necessarily endorsed or officially maintained by the upstream developers.