Video subtitle editor that supports basic and advanced editing operations
Subtitle Composer is an open source text-based subtitle editor that supports basic and advanced editing operations.
- Open/Save Text Subtitle Formats - SubRip/SRT, MicroDVD, SSA/ASS, MPlayer, TMPlayer and YouTube captions
- Open/OCR Graphics Subtitle Formats - VobSub (.idx/.sub/.rar), BluRay/PGS (*.sup), formats supported by ffmpeg (DVD/Vob, DVB, XSUB, HDMV-PGS)
- Demux Graphics/Text Subtitle Stream from video file - SRT, SSA/ASS, MOV text, MicroDVD, DVD/Vob, DVB, XSUB, HDMV-PGS
- Speech recognition from audio/video file using PocketSphinx
- Smart language/text encoding** detection
- Live preview of subtitles in integrated video player w/ audio stream selection
- Preview/editing of subtitles on graphical audio waveform w/ audio stream selection
- Sync by dragging several anchors/graftpoints and stretching timeline
- Time shifting and scaling, lines duration re-calculation, framerate conversion, etc.
- Joining and splitting of subtitle files
- Side by side subtitle translations
- Text styles (italic, bold, underline, stroke, color)
- Spell checking
- Detection of timing errors in subtitles