The dm-crypt interface
dm-crypt interface enables the following access functions to dm-crypt encrypted external block storage devices:
- setting up a LUKS partition
- locking and unlocking dm-crypt partitions
- adding key(s) to kernel keyring
- formatting encrypted partition(s) ( creation of fs)
- mounting of encrypted partition(s)
See Interface management and Supported interfaces for further details on how interfaces are used.
Often, dm-crypt is statically linked into the kernel (
CONFIG_DM_CRYPT=y). This is expected when working with custom kernels on projects where disk encryption is required.
The test code can be found in the snapd repository: https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/master/interfaces/builtin/dm_crypt_test.go
The source code for the interface is in the snapd repository: https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/blob/master/interfaces/builtin/dm_crypt.go
Last updated 1 year, 5 months ago.