There’s a lot more to snap packaging than the simple installation and removal of snaps; you can grant or revoke an application’s access to system resources, reconfigure internal parameters, make a local copy of a snap and check a snap’s provenance.
This is one of several tutorials that cover more advanced snap usage and covers how to download a snap, download and read its associated assertion, and install the snap locally.
Other advanced tutorials include:
- Monitor snap changes: see the internal state of changes within snapd
We recommend you familiarise yourself with basic snap usage before reading this tutorial. See Getting started for further details.
- to download a snap from the Snap Store
- how developers can force an insecure installation of a local snap
- how to view and apply an assertion
- how to securely install a local snap offline
What you’ll need
- GNU/Linux with snap installed (see Installing snapd)
- some basic command line knowledge